Are you looking for the best senior-friendly watch for your parent? you an older person looking for one for yourself? You have landed at the right place.
A wristwatch is not only a great fashion statement but it helps us keep track of time. Not all of us prefer reaching for our phones whenever we need to check the time; especially older people.
As we age and our vision starts to impair, we discover that reading time in a regular wristwatch is more difficult. With small and unclear numerals, confusing hands, and fancy dials, telling the time at a glance becomes tough.
A senior-friendly watch has a display that is large, has a plain background, clear numerical, and clearly distinguished hands that do not inhibit telling the time. Senior-friendly watches can be easily viewed even without your glasses.
Where there are watches that are fashionable and trendy, there are also watches that are simple and cater to the needs of older men or women. Thanks to the watchmakers who were considerate enough to not stop making the basic, old-school, contemporary wristwatches, these new trendy models are easy to read but at the same time aesthetically pleasing.
But before you buy consider these factors then make your choice.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Senior Friendly Watch
With plenty of options in the market, these factors will help you make an excellent choice.
- An authorized retailer: Make sure the retailer you go to is authorized. He should issue a proper bill and offers an extensive range of choices.
- Do some research: Conduct some research before going to a physical store to purchase. Compare watches online and read their reviews. Do not fully rely on what your retailer tells you. Have some knowledge of your own.
- Know your needs: You should know what you or your loved one requires in a wristwatch. If they have impaired vision, make a clear note of this in your head. If they often wake up at night and check the time, buy the one that has an illuminated backlit dial.
- Authorized repair centers: Your senior-friendly watch should have an authorized repair center. The brand should offer good after-sales service with skilled technicians.
- Design of the watch: This one is the most important. A large face with a contrasting color and clear numerical is what you should be looking for.
These senior-friendly watches are our top picks.
Timex Men’s Easy Reader Date Expansion Band Watch
Timex Men’s Easy Reader Date Expansion Band Watch has been a classic, elegant pick for aged male users since 1977. It has an easy-to-read, white-colored dial with Arabic numerical written in black, simple font. The numerical are large enough for someone who has readability issues.
This timeless and durable wristwatch comes in two colors; silver and gold. The case and expansion band of the watch are made of polished, low lead brass.
Apart from the easy reading of the time, Timex Men’s Easy Reader Date Expansion Band Watch allows you to instantly tell what date it is. The analog dial features a date window which is a useful feature for any user, not just seniors. Also, it has an Indiglo light-up dial that illuminates in the dark with a light press on the crown.
This senior-friendly watch is water-resistant up to 30 meters which means you should not wear it while bathing and swimming. However, it is suitable for everyone who is fond of going to the beach or fishing.
- A perfect combination of fashion and comfort
- Date window
- Indiglo light-up dial
- Suitable for both casual and business wear
- Not waterproof
- May get scratches
Unisex Talking Watch for Visually Impaired Seniors
For those individuals suffering from visual impairment this Talking Watch for Visually Impaired is ideal. Not only does it feature an easy to read face but it also features a button activating voice broadcast of the correct time and date.
Lets look at some of this watches features:
This 2nd generation watch sports a classic look with a gold finish and hypo-allergenic flex bracelet. The case is highly polished, scratch resistant mineral glass. The bright white dial is contrasted with bold black Arabic numbers and large hands for easy viewing.
An impressive feature is the premium series talking function that includes a male voice option (activated with a single button). The integrated analog and digital voice movement is quartz synchronized with the time setting for accuracy.
The wearer will love the clear, crisp announcement of time, date, day, and year, plus of course, an alarm. All these features are easy to set up. If the voice should quit operating within the first year of use simply press button 2 for five (5) seconds and the speech will continue.
This watch ships in an attractive box and includes a manual with detailed instructions. It boasts a one year hassle-free warranty.
- Talking feature stating time, day, date, year and alarm.
- Voice includes male option.
- Highly polished scratch resistant crystal.
- Bold Arabic numbers on a bright white dial.
- Voice crystal clear, not so loud that the whole room is alerted.
- Easy to set up.
- One year warranty.
- Face may be a little large for more petite women.
- Is not waterproof, but is water resistant for normal wear and tear.
Timex Women’s Easy Reader Leather Strap 30mm Watch
Females and their preferences can never be left out. Here is a pick for all elderly women out there. With Ladies’ Timex Easy Reader Watch, keeping track of time is easy. It features an Indiglo night-light so you can instantly check the time in the dark.
This watch sports a large, white dial with large and clear Arabic numerical. It comes with a trendy, crocodile patterned strap made of genuine leather. With this watch, you’ll look chic while keeping it simple. The strap features a tang buckle to clasp the watch around your wrist.
The Ladies’ Timex Easy Reader Watch is water-resistant up to 30 meters. It has a polished silver-toned case and Indiglo light-up dial like the ones above.
- Simple yet trendy
- Indiglo dial
- Easy to read
- Non-replaceable strap
- Not waterproof
Why You Should Purchase Senior-Friendly Watches
After reading the above reviews, we’re sure you have realized how a senior-friendly watch can make your life easier. Every senior has different needs and challenges. From vision issues to easy readability, they offer all that you require in your golden senior years.
Every pick offers style, elegance, and high-end functionality at the same time. Choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences. Only you know which one is will meet the needs of you or your loved one. Time is of the essence, buy now!